DeKalb Choral Guild is a dynamic choir in the metro Atlanta area, celebrating over 39 years of harmony, community and music making.
The DeKalb Choral Guild in the community:
Here we are at our monthly "Sing a long with the DCG" with the guests at Plymouth Harbor Respite Care. Second Thursdays.
Each year we join voices with other community singers at the Avondale tree lighting.
An added holiday treat December 2015 was "Catmas Caroling" for the benefit of cats and patrons of Second Life store in Avondale
Saturday March 4th 2017 7:30pm, First Baptist Church of Avondale Estates
featuring music themed around different times of the day.
Saturday May 6, 2017
7:30pmfeaturing repertoire about water and highlighting the work of Wells For Hope.
Saturday November 5th 7:30pm
Living Grace Lutheran, Tucker
featuring Requiem, Op. 48 by Gabriel Fauré and Settings from American Southern Hymns. Learn more about this concert at our BLOG
We are an official Arts partner of the Charter for Compassion. We feel that our mission to enrich our community through excellent choral music is in harnonious alignment with a commitment to encourage our world to be more compassionate and less caustic and fragmented. Music brings people to together to share concerns, joys and sorrows.
Top 10 reasons to give to the DCG on Giving Tuesday
10. The DeKalb Choral Guild does even more than providing its singers a place to sing with other excellent singers under professional musical leadership. The DCG focuses its concerts on the community and to bringing an enriching experience to its audience.
9. This commitment to community means that we keep our ticket prices affordable ($5 per ticket or less)
8. We provide clear and helpful program notes
7. We host after-concert receptions to encourage conversation
6. We offer relevant concert programs that speak to today’s world
5. We gather monthly for a “Sing-a-long with the DeKalb Choral Guild” at a local respite care facility. See why this is an important community outreach at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyZQf0p73QM
4. The DeKalb Choral Guild needs your help with the costs that we cannot cover by our ownboard member and singers’ gifts to the organization, our grants (including matching grants), sponsorships and concert ticket income.
3. Your gift will help pay for new music. Particulary, we encourage young musicians to compose new choral works through our Georgia Young Composers Festival.
2. Your gift will help pay for an orchestra for a performance of a major work in a future season.
1. We are asking that you give on or near #GivingTuesday (November 29, 2016) because we want to support this grassroots movement that encourages everyone in the world to Give to charitable organizations as part of our commitment to helping create more compassion in the world (The DCG is an Arts partner of the Charter for Compassion).
Your gift will matter to us.
Here are some examples of how your gift can help the DeKalb Choral Guild, Inc.
A gift of $15 = half our yearly corporation fee as a Georgia nonprofit organization [501(c)(3)]
A gift of $25 = half a night of rehearsal space rental
A gift of $30 = a month of website/internet costs
A gift of $50 = yearly P.O. box rental
A gift of $75 = reception cost for one concert
A gift of $125 = printed concert programs for one concert
A gift of $150 = 50 copies of a choral song (which adds to our Choral Library)
A gift of $200 = rental of the concert venue for one concert
A gift of $250 = an instrumentalist for a major work with orchestra
A gift of $300 = fee for sound engineer to create archival recording of one concert
A gift of $400 = an instrumentalist with a heavy instrument (yes, they get paid more)
A gift of $450= required yearly insurance
A gift of $500 = yearly music licensing fees for performing copyrighted works
A gift of $1000 = One Georgia Young Composers Festival top scholarship prize